Image Map

Sunday, April 26, 2015

New shoes, birthdays, and date night!

After my horrible case of the stomach flu last week, I was glad to feel better and enjoy time with this cutie! 
Diego's face is classic.

We had a random snowstorm earlier in the week that dumped more snow than it has probably snowed all winter! 


Luckily it's spring so the snow was gone the next day.  Just in time to help Dad outside!


Baby beanie hat for the win.


14 miles today.  It felt great to cut back on mileage this week.  I had to split it into two runs because I worked this morning, but overall it felt okay!  Anything feels better than last week's horrible run!  Does anyone else hit a slump in their marathon training? Where you just want to take a nap instead of go run? That was me this week. Hopefully it passes quickly because I still have 7 more weeks of training!!

I've been feeling some leg tightness since last weekend which always makes me go into freak out mode, so I went to my awesome PT and had some dry needling done which worked wonders!  Whenever things start to get tight, it usually means I need new shoes. (Really though, I'll find any excuse to get new shoes.  Especially when they are Tiffany blue!)

I put some new shoes on, an suddenly everything is right :)
I'm definitely on the injury prone end of the spectrum so I need to listen to my body and get new shoes sooner than once every 14 months!! 

Gavin had a friend's birthday party today.  It was a blast!!  It was extra special for me because a little girl I nannied for NINE years ago was also at the party!! Wow do I feel old.  



There were approximately 12 other babies stepping all over each other, stealing each others toys and pulling hair off any head within arms reach. I think one year old birthdays are more for parents to get together and eat/drink than anything else! (And I think there has to be wine and beer for the adults to survive the chaos, haha!) 

Jake and I had a much needed date on Thursday thanks to my sister!  We're so lucky to have so many wonderful family members who love to watch Gavin :) Every time we get out we say how we need to do it every week.  Somehow that ends up being more like every 2 months... We're working in it! Life is busy but I'll tell you what, it's SO much fun to get out with my #1 man.

My blurry attempt at a sly date picture.
I hope you had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment