Image Map

Friday, September 6, 2013

Moving and Running in the Rain!

We have officially moved into our new house!  On Sunday we recruited our awesome friends and family to help move across town.  It all went smoothly and you'll be happy to hear I didn't lift too many boxes (even though it was so hard not to help!). I just watched as the guys lifted gigantic boxes and our piano up the stairs!

Moral Support.
The main event was unpacking our kitchen.  I never realized how much planning is involved in organizing a kitchen!  It took 4 women to figure out where to put something as simple as the silverware!  But I'm happy to say we got it all figured out and the kitchen looks amazing.  The rest of the house, however... is still covered in boxes. I'll get around to them soon!

I'll take pictures once the house doesn't look like a warzone, but I wanted to share 3 of my favorite parts of the house so far:

Hot water at my beck and call.  Tea, hot cocoa, coffee... one happy Brittany.
I love my pantry.  
Doesn't get much better than this. 
My life these days consists of cleaning, trying to re-potty train Diego (apparently moving is hard on a puppy), staring at my beautiful pantry, and slowly unpacking the countless stacks of boxes in every room.  Does anyone know how two people accumulate so much junk?  My goal is to be all settled by next week.  Ambitious?  Yes.  But I start work in 9 days and would love to feel slightly more situated!

__________________________________________________________________________

Alaska is in the middle of one of the rainiest falls I can remember.  I guess that's what happens when you have the nicest and warmest summer in history.  I love running in the rain, but today was a little bit miserable.  When your feet literally slosh every step you take, your fingers are numb from the cold wind, and you can't see out of your eyes because of the rain flooding in them... that's probably the exact opposite of fun.
Holy Mushrooms.
Running and taking pictures with frozen fingers = blurrrrryyyy picture. Sorry.

Luckily I was with my favorite running buddy and we managed to do 8 hilly and soaking miles!  This week my energy seems to have made it's reappearance so I am taking advantage of it!  It finally feels great to run!  We'll see how long that lasts with this growing belly of mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment