Image Map

Thursday, September 19, 2013

My First Two Patients!

I saw two patients today ON MY OWN.

So. Awesome.

So. Scary.

I know that's approximately 1/7 of what I'll normally see on a given day, but believe me, it was exciting to finally be able to see my own patients!  It turns out credentialing (the process of insurance companies approving payment of my medical services) takes FOREVER, so there are only a few insurances that will reimburse me for the time being.  Hopefully paperwork will go through next week!

They say you'll never forget the first patient you see as a licensed provider!  Luckily it was something simple like carpal tunnel syndrome.  The second patient... not as simple.  But that's what medicine is all about!  Especially family practice when you can see a cough and the next patient walks in with something like an abdominal mass.

All the time in California spent with my nose in a textbook, all of those hours sleep I lost to cram for finals, all of the challenging rotations I had, all of the months away from my loving hubby and amazing friends & family... all of it was worth it.  I love being a PA.
__________________________________________________

Alaska has quickly evolved into my favorite season of the year.  Fall.


Crisp mornings, cool breeze, yellow and orange leaves falling from the trees, the smell of frost covering the ground, the sight of snow creeping down the mountains... my favorite parts of the season!  The only part I don't like about fall is that it means winter is right around the corner.  They are predicting rain mixed with snow next week and that scares me.  But for now... I'm going to savor the beautiful season and hope it lasts a few weeks longer!


And although this has nothing to do with fall, I had to brag and show off a picture of Jake's moose!  I could never kill a beautiful bullwinkle moose, but I'm proud of my hubby who did and will fill our freezer with food for the winter! 

Such a Stud.

No comments:

Post a Comment