Image Map

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pregnancy Week 14


Baby Bump

How far along? 14 Weeks, 5 Days

Size of the baby: A Lemon


For those who cannot relate to fruit:

Maternity clothes? Yes and no.  Still fit into my skinny jeans (with a hair tie to close it!) but I also whipped out the maternity jeans this week for comfort.
Stretch marks? Nope, but lots of stretching happening!
Sleep: I had a lot of trouble sleeping this week, but luckily my energy was pretty good!
Symptoms: MORE nosebleeds, peeing every two seconds, and no appetite.
Best moment this week: Having someone tell me I was glowing and ask when I am due :)  
Miss Anything? Running more than one mile without needing to use the bathroom.
Food cravings: Lemonade, oranges and grapes.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not queasy this week, but I could NOT find anything that sounded good (except for the things above).  I literally stand in front of the fridge for 5 minutes hoping something will call out my name.   I hope that goes away soon....
Have you started to show yet: I think so!  Feeling a belly this week for sure!
Gender prediction: Part of me wonders if it's a boy now.  But more of me thinks it's a girl :)
Belly Button in or out? Innie!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but emotional. Anything baby related tears me up. Silly hormones.
Looking forward to: Seeing baby daddy in a few days!  He's been away hunting for two weeks and it's been very lonely!
Still Running? Another week of great running!  I ran 6 of the 7 days (6.5 miles, 7 miles, 7 miles, 7 miles, 6.5 miles, and 5 miles!).  I went on a great hike and did weights a few times also.  Love the second trimester energy.
Letter to Baby
Dear Baby,

You are now the size of a lemon and ironically I craved a lot of lemonade this week! It's so amazing to see how much you develop every day. You are now frowning, grimacing, squinting, and even sucking your thumb. Start practicing your best smiles because in a few weeks we're having another ultrasound and I expect a big cheesy grin :)  

This week was very busy because it was my last week before I start working! Your momma (me) is a Physician Assistant- someone who gets to help take care of people and I start my first job as a certified PA this week!  Your daddio is a Fireman and Paramedic.  He is the bravest, most caring person you will ever meet.  I hope you turn out just like him.  


Speaking of Daddio, he's been away hunting for moose for the past two weeks, so it's been awfully quiet!  Luckily your big brother, Diego, has been keeping me very busy and keeps me on my toes.  You're going to love him and I know he will love you tons too. I also have a feeling he will love licking your little cheeks.  

I was thinking this week about who you're going to look like and who's personality traits you'll have.  Will you have your dad's amazing green eyes, his thick hair, his love of naps (please inherit this!), his profound love of tacos, or his incredible work ethic?  Or will you have my Italian skin, my dark brown eyes, my curly hair (I hope so!), my passion for running, my love of helping others, or my addiction to traveling the world? No matter what you inherit, it is going to be so fun to see you become your own person.  You already make us the happiest parents in the world.  Love you to the moon!

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment