Image Map

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pregnancy Week 15

Baby Bump
Running in the cold! Yes that's frost on the grass... brrrr!! 
How far along? 15 Weeks, 6 Days

Size of the baby: A delicious orange!


For those who cannot relate to fruit:


Maternity clothes? Thanks to my awesome friend, Tina, I was introduced to the wonderful world of the Bellaband which allows you to wear any of your old pants without feeling uncomfortable!  Love. Love. Love.
Stretch marks? Nope, let's hope I have good genes and don't get too many! 
Sleep: Still struggling in the sleep arena. 
Symptoms: Low back pain, no appetite/nothing sounds appealing & round ligament pain (read about it here).
Best moment this week: Jake finally coming home from hunting AND feeling your first kicks! 
Miss Anything? Not too much this week! Starting to like this pregnancy thing a lot! 
Food cravings: Oranges.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing this week! 
Have you started to show yet: An itty bitty baby belly! 
Gender prediction: Still girl! Although Jake is 100% convinced it's a boy :) 
Belly Button in or out? Innie!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Feliz! 
Looking forward to: Gender reveal and visiting family next month!
New mom tips I received this week (which I love getting!): Don't buy new bouncers/entertainment toys... Used is the way to go.  Mattress on the other hand... buy new.
Favorite Pregnancy Apps: The Bump, What to Expect, & Baby Center
Still Running? Running has been feeling better and better! Again, I ran 6 of the 7 days this week (6 miles, 7 miles, 7 miles, 7 miles, 8 miles, and 5 miles!).  My pace wasn't atrociously slow either!  

Letter to Baby
Dear Baby,

You are now my sweet little orange! I'm starting to get worried you're going to pop out looking like one too because of how many oranges I've been devouring these days! You must need that Vitamin C! This week you began to grow all of the little bones in your ears, which means you're now getting used to my voice! I apologize for my awful renditions of Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, and Kenny Chesney that you've been experiencing on my commute to work.  I promise their music is really quite awesome and also... my voice isn't that bad!  You also started growing a very fine hair on your body called Lanugo.  Don't worry, you won't pop out looking like a gorilla... it's just to keep you warm until your Birthday!

Your Dad finally got back from hunting this week!  It was so good to see him and he definitely noticed big changes in my belly since he was gone. You're going to love your Dad.  He is probably the funniest person you'll ever meet and although he claims he's going to be Mr. Tough Guy with kiddos... I know once he sees your twinkly little eyes he will melt into a puddle of pushover love.  You'll be very proud of him too because he got a moose that had a 61 inch rack (the antlers)! That's about 15 times bigger than you are right now! 

My favorite part of this week was feeling your kicks for the first time!  I was sitting in church last week and felt your little feet squirming about!  It felt like little butterflies in my pelvis.  Even though I've known you're in there for a few months now, it is so nice to be able to feel you move and remind me that you're growing inside me!  I can't wait until your kicks are strong enough for Dad to feel too.  Soon enough!  

We have your next prenatal appointment at 17 weeks and I'm so excited!  We'll be able to schedule the big ultrasound that will tell us if you're a boy or girl.  Dad's convinced your a boy (of course!) and I'm pretty sure you're a girl.  Either way, we will be thrilled and give you more love than you'll probably be able to handle.  I hope you like snuggling.  :)  Until next week!

Love, Mom

2 comments: