Image Map

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Body Worlds and Decorating the Christmas Tree!

Aside from feeling shards of glass in my throat every time I swallow and facial pressure that makes me feel like a balloon, I am feeling slightly better!  I think medical providers are the worst patient because I absolutely hate taking any sore of medicine, but for the first time in my life... I can't get enough of nyquil, dayquil, and chloreseptic cough drops!

My friend.

Jake and I went to the BodyWorlds exhibit yesterday at the Anchorage Museum with his parents. VERY cool!  It was like a tasteful version of cadaver lab that we did in my first quarter of PA school.  


From the BODY WORLDS website:
Gunther von Hagens' Body Worlds is the original anatomical exhibition series. It displays authentic human bodies, willed by donors and preserved through plastination. The series is designed to educate the public about the human body and increase health awareness.


I think Jake was initially a little freaked out, but by the end, he got into it and really enjoyed the experience!  If the exhibit ever comes to your hometown, I highly recommend it.

The rest of the day was spent doing very important things.  And by important of course I mean: watching Elf & Home Alone, snuggling with Jake, drinking hot cocoa, and decorating the Christmas tree.  Followed by a delicious dinner  of steaming hot Pho with Jake's parents.  Just what the doctor ordered :)  
Most wonderful time of the year
Jake and I have a busy agenda today that includes: Christmas shopping, lunch date with friends, haircuts, and dinner date with friends! There really is no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment