Image Map

Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Adventure Begins...

36 hours passed, four plane rides taken, two books read, innumerable cups of tea consumed, and one broken rib later... I arrived in Peru!  I truly love to travel, but I vow to never travel again while injured.  Lifting a gigantic backpack was not fun!  I survived nonetheless and, with all considered, it was one of the most flawless trips I've ever made! I met my parents in the Miami Airport (yay!) and we continued on our adventure to the Lima airport. The sun was just coming up as we landed (for the second since leaving the Anchorage Airport!) and as the morning fog lifted, we were able to see amazing cliffs extending into the Pacific Ocean.  I had no idea how stunning Lima was going to be!


Cliffs of Lima

We spent most of the day exploring the city and scoping out activities to do with Amber after she arrives tomorrow.  I can't wait to see her!  Six months is entirely too long without my big sis.  After a day of walking, I pulled out my running shoes and ran along the beautiful coast. As much as I have loved running in the break-up slush of Anchorage, it was definitely the most breathtaking run I've had in a while!  If you know me, you know there is no better way to end a fabulous day than with a run.

We will spend one more day in Lima, then we are off to Cusco and Machu Picchu.  I am so blessed to be able to share this amazing experience with my family, and hopefully you can all enjoy my many adventures and stories in the next 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment