Image Map

Friday, December 5, 2014

9 months

Wow. This little man is almost 9 months old. When did that happen?


I'm sure you've all missed me terribly and while I would like to promise that I'll write more frequently, let's be honest- given my history that is probably not going to happen!  But I promise to try!  Life has been busy and I've been savoring every moment of motherhood!


Every day keeps getting better and better as a mom. Gavin is incredible. His smile, his laugh, his personality... Each day there is something more I can't get enough of! He is crawling all over, clapping and waving his hands, pushing himself to standing, and he loves to talk about his favorite person "da da" or maybe that's short for Diego... It's hard to say! He is the smiliest little guy and seriously brings more joy to life than we could ever have imagined. 



I am back at work part time and feel so blessed to have this schedule. I get to have 4 days in a row with Gavin and 3 days working and seeing my patients. It's truly the perfect balance! Luckily Jake has a schedule that allows him to watch Gavin a couple days per week when I work as well, so he gets his alone time with him too!

"And they lived happily ever after..."

It's funny how each month I feel like things get easier and I look back to the month before and think, how did I think things were easy then? The first few months were rough, I won't lie. My love of being a mom was instant and I truly felt connected to Gavin the moment I felt his skin on mine. But let me tell you a little something about being a new mom: sleep deprivation + hormones + breastfeeding = zombie like state. Much of the time I felt like I was in a fog! But I'm finally out of that cloud and every minute gets better than the last! 

There's so many surprises that becoming a parent brings, like: 

1.) That warmth you're feeling at 3am when you're up changing a diaper is not a warm breeze, but a bullseye shot of pee...

2.) Learning that a three hour stretch of sleep is more precious than gold

3.) A shower becomes your 3 minute getaway to the spa

4.) "Fashionable" equates to a shirt without milk stains or God knows what

5.) The car becomes your best friend when a certain someone doesn't want to nap

6.) Hill training takes on a whole new meaning with a 20 pound baby plus stroller 

7.) You spend more time talking about poop than you'd like to admit

8.) There is nothing as cute as a baby's smile and giggle 

9.) Yoga pants, a pony tail, and no make-up are perfectly acceptable for any occasion

10.) You cheer for your baby like they've just won a gold medal when they do something cute (including poop.  See number 7 for more information).

It's the best.  Parenting truly has brought so much joy to my life and I feel so so lucky to be able to be this little guys' mom.




The last few weeks I've been missing writing on the blog, and so of course my goal is to write as much as I can!  I have lots to share about running, baby food allergies, traveling with baby, and the laughs, joys, and challenges of being a first-time parent!  

I hope this finds you well!!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to so many of these things! I literally took a poopy diaper to show my husband the other day so he could see what I was talking about. Ha! And #8 and #10--sososo true!!

    ReplyDelete