Image Map

Friday, February 15, 2013

Be mine?

Ahhh.... Valentine's day. A day to eat loads of boxed chocolates and a day for people to post pictures of flower bouquets, jewelry and delicious dinners on Facebook. Oh, and a day to show how much you care about those you love. :)

I actually don't care much for Valentine's day (apart from the yummy chocolates and red velvet cupcakes) because I feel it's too commercialized and superficial. If you love someone, you shouldn't need a holiday to show them with overpriced chocolates and flowers that make single people cringe.  It should be a day to celebrate love for everyone, not just for those who are in relationships.  Sure, I may have liked it more if I wasn't 3500 miles away from Jake, but even when we are together, it's not something I go out of my way to celebrate.  Random days of love are much more special!

Even though I was the Valentines Day Grinch, I had a great day yesterday. The day started with another PAIN FREE run with Dennis the speed demon. I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, but I think I might be on the mend. PT is working wonders and I've been religious about my stretching, ab work, and leg exercises. I've run 4 days in the last week, and had no issues whatsoever. :) :) This makes for a happy, happy Brittany.

Best feeling ever.

My favorite run in Cali along the 101.

Stunning.
That's right, just for runners!
Wahoo!  I've missed my little Garmin companion
Yesterday also was the first day I felt more confident in the OR and got positive feedback from the surgeon. Finally!

The day ended with a wonderful girls night with my favorites Cali girls. Carrie is amazing and made homemade (garlic free!) pasta sauce so that girl who is allergic to everything (aka me) could participate in eating homemade pizzas. That, coupled with girl talk, tons of laughs, and desserts to die for, made it a great day.

Best idea ever!
Flat Bread deliciousness.  

Love this girl.
Such a fun night! (P.S. the girl in the black shirt is due on SUNDAY!  Crazy!)

The only thing missing was, of course, my Valentine. Luckily in just 11 weeks we will be able to start a life of love-filled days. Jake, you are my forever Valentine and I love you more than you'd love eating Tacos every day for the rest of your life. And then some.


True Story!

No comments:

Post a Comment