Image Map

Sunday, August 26, 2012

7 days.


7 days of fabulousness.  That's the best way to describe the last 7 days with Jake.  I highly recommend planning spur-of-the-moment trips to visit your wife who is at grad school, because they are better than any other trip you could plan.  

Here are some of the highlights:

 Thanks to an awesome friend of mine, Jake and I scored pre-season Charger-Cowboy tickets to the game last Saturday.  It was my first pro-football game so it was nice to share it with someone who knows something about football!  Although, I wouldn't say we're the most football-educated crowd.  :) As you can see below, we were die-hard San Diego fans and sported our team jerseys... ha!  Fans at the games are hard core!  When I went to the bathroom, I was asked by multiple women, "What team are you representing today?!"  Apparently not wearing team apparel is as big of a mistake as wearing apparel from the other team!  Regardless, Jake and I had a blast :)

Die Hard Football Fans
Woo!

You've heard all about my sweaty run on Sunday - which I think I have finally recovered from.  I'm still trying to drink back in my body weight in fluids that I lost in the race.  We had an awesome breakfast with Dan-the-man and some friends, followed by a day of attempting to stay cool.  I took two cold showers, and laid in front of the fan all afternoon.  A perfect day.  Ha!

Tuesday (in addition to double Taco Tuesday), we went to Coronado!

Beautiful Coronado!
We laid on the hot beach, played in the seaweed-infested water, and read all about the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases.  Isn't that what you do at the beach?  


Since we had temporarily satisfied Jake's Taco craving that morning, it was my turn to satisfy my candy craving. See the picture below to witness my enthusiasm!

Happy Brittany.
Too bad I'm allergic to apples.  And in case you were wondering, I did consider eating only the coating.

To come down from the sugar high, Jake and I walked around the beautiful Hotel Del and had a happy hour Sangria to try to cool off.  


Friday, Jake spoiled me rotten and took me to the Las Americas outlet mall.  I don't know how I got so lucky to have a husband like Jake.  He earned himself a lifetime of Taco Tuesdays.


My equivalent to a Coach outlet store.  Nike shoe HEAVEN.
Okay, can these be any cuter?  I almost bought them for our future runner children but Jake wouldn't let me.


It was ridiculously hard to say goodbye yesterday.  Tears were everywhere.  You'd think by now I'd be a pro at saying goodbye, but instead it feels harder than the first time.  Jake and I always say, "we're lucky to have each other to miss so much."  So true.  I love you, Jake.  


No comments:

Post a Comment