Image Map

Thursday, August 16, 2012

I'm Baaaacckkkkk

I realized my life wasn't busy enough, so I thought it would be a good idea to start writing on my blog again.
(Insert Sarcasm here.)

The reality is... I really miss writing!  So if anything, this will be "I need a break from studying, working, commuting, studying, running, sleeping, eating, and more studying".... so I guess I'll write on my blog!

To sum up the last year since I've written:

1.) PA School is hard.  Just when I think it's going to get easier... it just gets harder.  Some days I want to quit.  Many days tears are shed.  Most days I go home feeling overwhelmed. But at the end of the day, I absolutely LOVE my patients and love being a PA-(S)!.
Scrub Session, Stanford!
2.) I still love to run.  Okay, okay... I love to run way more now than I did a year ago.  Got a best time at Rock n' Roll San Diego (3:16!) and qualified for the Boston Marathon!  I am currently training for St. George (10/7/12) and Nike Women's Marathons (10/15/12).  Yes, I realize they are 8 days apart.  Yes, that might put me into the category of "crazy".  

My amazing big sis cheered me on at the R'n'R marathon!
3.) I am a MARRIED woman!  On December 30, 2011 I married the love of my life and my best friend!  Some day, I hope to live with my husband.  :)  We'll be having a big wedding ceremony some time in the near future, so I hope to see all of you there!

Love.
4.) I moved to San Diego to do my clinical rotations.  It's almost like moving to heaven on earth.  Runner's paradise.  Even if you don't run, if you breathe in air and like to smile, you'd fit in just fine in San Diego.  It makes being 3,105 miles (yes, I did calculate it on google maps...) away from Jake about 0.1238% easier.
Torrey Pines, San Diego.  My fave run.
5.)  I had to say goodbye to my bestest companion and lifelong buddy, Mindy. It literally broke my heart.  But I know she is up in doggie heaven running freely without any of the limitations she had at 19.5 years old!  My dearest Mindy... not a moment passes without thinking of you. I miss you every second.



6.) I LOVE my classmates. My class at Stanford is probably one of the GREATEST groups of people I've ever met (outside of Alaska!).  They've been there through thick and thin.  Through tears and laughs.  Through sickness and health.  Through richer okay, I take that back... just poorer.  Yeah, it's like we're all married.  I don't know what I'd do without my PCAP'ers.

Toronto Conference!
Being awesome.  
Wine tasting with my running buddy!
My Challenge Bowl Team and bestest friends!
7.)  I have also made some awesome friends in San Diego! Thanks to Running Skirts and West Coast Road Runners... I have a great group of running companions and FRIENDS to help distract me from studying every once in a while.  I also do my clinical rotation at a wonderfully fun clinic that makes it a joy going to "work" every day.

Running Skirts!

My Running Girls! 
Clinic Olympic Team, 2012
Okay.  I think that's a good summary for now.
It's been busy.  It's been hard.  It's been fun.
And there's so much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment