Image Map

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Relax? I don't quite understand that word.

Today I was able to spend the afternoon with Jake after a fun & busy day at clinic.  While Jake is clearly in vacation mode, it was clear that I was on the opposite end of the spectrum.  My life at this time consists of working, studying, eating, studying, sleeping, and studying.  With a side or two of running. :)

It is difficult, if not impossible, to "come down" from the busy, studying-packed lifestyle I live.  Taking 15 minutes to nap on the couch should be something "relaxing"... right?  Maybe even spending a few minutes to cook something fabulous?  I live for the day I don't have guilt from enjoying the simple pleasures in life like cooking, reading, and... well... blogging. (haha).
How I relaxed at the beach yesterday!  

After trying to put the guilt of not studying on the back-burner, Jake and I spend the afternoon in our favorite part of San Diego.... Encinitas.


We walked along Hwy 101, exploring fun shops and cafes.  We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at Rimel's where Jake got a vegan salad.  Ha! Just kidding.  I'll give you one guess what he ate.

Yep.... Tacos. :)

I had a delicious veggie wok bowl with a "chili cilantro sauce" that is to die for.

The night was finished off by a nice date at a wine bar! Another amazing day with Jake. I plan to savor every last moment we have together (even if my mind doesn't let me forget the massive amounts of studying I need to do!)

8 more months.  Just 8 more months.

Love this guy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment