Image Map

Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Cocktail Affair!

After an enjoyable 7 straight hours of studying yesterday, I changed into my finest cocktail attire for my bestest SD friend, Carrie's, 29th birthday party.

Cutie Patootie.
Carrie wins the award for greatest hostess that has ever existed. From incredible 4th of July parties to an amazing Thanksgiving Dinner, she always goes above and beyond!  Her own birthday was no exception :)

Case in point:
Cocktail bar complete with Pomegranate Mimosas, Wine, and Vanilla Rum & Coke.
(Did I mention that Carrie doesn't like alcohol? It was all for her guests!)
Not only is she beautiful but she throws one heck of a party! 1.25 drinks was all I needed to feel extra social (can you say light weight? Haha) after which I took it upon myself to eat all sorts of yummy snacks.

Blurry, but jalepeno poppers, brie, cheesy foccacia, kahlua brownies... yummmm
After a day of frustration, there is no better way to uplift your spirits than seeing great friends. Carrie, you rock and I'm going to miss you so much when I leave!

Love this girl! 
Happy birthday!
I woke up feeling extremely motivated this morning and did something HUGE. You ready....? I worked out on the elliptical without looking at the clock ONCE.  Instead of yawning in boredom, I used my handy-dandy iPhone and scheduled one of the most important appointments of my life. Board Exams.  After paying the $475 dollars, you have to wait for a link to the testing center to schedule the day/time of your exam.  I got my e-mail this morning which means...

I am officially scheduled to take the PANCE (Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam) in April... EEK! 

This is the exam that puts the famous "C (certified)" behind PA-C and allows you to put your medical knowledge to use. Without it, you just have a very expensive and useless degree! It is so exciting, scary and monumental! Until then, I will likely become a sleep-deprived recluse with a practice exam in hand at all times. Worth it? Yes. So so so worth it. I want that "PA-C" next to my name more than you can imagine! Time to continue on my studying quest!  Hope everyone had a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment