Image Map

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Home for the Holidays

A few weeks late, but better late than never!

There is no place like home.  Especially if your home is in a place with 4 hours of daylight and temperatures that don't go above zero.  Nahh... it wasn't so bad.  Although I definitely forgot how much of a production it is when you leave the house:

Warm up the car for 20 minutes, check!
Long underwear, check!
Down coat, check!
Down skirt, check!
Wool socks, check!
Hat, gloves, scarf... check, check, check!

Although I was horrendously sick while I was home, we were still able to fit in many dinners, drinks, and parties with friends and family.  I don't think I had a spare minute to relax the entire 10 days I was home.  It was well worth it to see many of the friends that I haven't seen in over 9 months!  Did I mention I'm excited to graduate yet?

Dinner with Riley and Max!
Best sweaters ever.
Cheesy smiles!
Such great friends!
Jake had to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day :(, but I was lucky enough to have his family to celebrate with.  I even got a surprise visitor at Jake's parents house on Christmas Eve!

My Christmas Eve visitor!
It's a Christmas Miracle! :)
On Christmas day, I made homemade Cinnamon rolls for Jake's station and brought them over.  I spent the morning there with Jake and got to experience the "tough" working conditions that firefighters have. (Fully stocked kitchen with free food, fully equipped gym, TV room, movie room (with theatre seating & popcorn machine), and best of all, a pole to slide down!) I think I chose the wrong line of work.
Beautiful Christmas morning 
Merry Christmas at the Fire Station!
Yes, there is a fire pole!
What to do on Christmas at a fire station? Play pictionary, of course! 
I don't think they have enough sweets.
Clearly, they don't think so either.
Snowy, white Christmas!
All in all, it was a great vacation home!  I am counting down the days until I am home for GOOD!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Happy (Belated) Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment