Image Map

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Field Trips and Future Marathoners

Only at my primary care clinic site do I love Mondays.

Especially when we take field trips. My preceptor is awesome and treats us to lunch every day, so yesterday we decided to hit the road and eat out. After climbing into my coworker's souped-up Subaru, we enjoyed a nice leisurely ride to the restaurant (and by enjoyed, I mean that I may have been holding on to the seat for dear life).

Our Chauffer
Nice Parking Job...
While enjoying our delicious lunch, I joked that we should start taking walks after lunch to avoid the dreaded "post-lunch coma."  After being glared at by 6 eyes of horror and disgust, Dr. Watson said "You know, that's actually not a bad idea."  I was more than excited about the idea but I never thought they'd actually go for it.  So today, Operation Brittany Boot Camp commenced.  To prepare for the arduous event, there was carbo-loading, hydration, and stretching.  0.22 miles later (aka 2 blocks), we arrived at our destination.  It was a momentous occasion and I couldn't be more proud of my future marathoners.

Stretch those Hammys
Medical staff or marathoners?  No one knows!
It breaks my heart into tiny pieces that I have only 8 more work days in the next two months to spend at my favorite clinic in the whole world. Where else do you laugh as much as you work, have pinterest potlucks and themed outfit days, have a limitless supply of snacks at your disposal, get poked fun at from the moment you walk through the doors, and are required to eat lunch together at the dining table. Not to mention that I have the greatest and most supportive teacher in the world, Dr. Watson.
Field Trip to Home Depot 

Heart Heath Wednesday
(and apparently "stand-with-the-Tax-guy-on-the-corner" Wednesday!) 
Rainy Day Wednesday
Dress like Brittany Day
If there were ever one thing to keep me from moving back to Alaska, it would be CMDC. (Well, that and the beautiful beaches, constant sun, abundance of running races, and my awesome Californian friends....ha!). I am so grateful that I was placed at CMDC for the past YEAR and I can't thank Dr. Watson, Leyshla, and Frenchie enough for being so amazing.

I LOVE these three people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment