Image Map

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Two Lines of Love.


Who knew two beautiful pink lines could change your life forever?

July 3rd was the best day of our lives, other than the day we said "I do".  Jake and I had been sort of trying, ie, we hadn't been not trying to get pregnant.   I figured it would take many months if not up to a year because of the extreme mileage I was running led to my low body fat percentage.  After Boston I started cutting back on my mileage and eating healthier.  We told each other to put our trust in the man upstairs and that it would happen when it was supposed to. Well, 2 months later... :)

The last week of June I felt like I had been hit by a bus, then rolled over by a tracter, then smashed into a brick wall.  I could barely get out of bed in the morning, took a nap every day (which is SO unheard of for me) and by 7 pm, I was either in bed or dreaming of being in bed.  I tried not to get my hopes up because I've "thought" I was pregnant in the past.

I know many females fall into the symptom-watching when trying to conceive so here's the main things I felt differently other than being exhausted: cramping, migraine headache (never had one before), heartburn (completely unusual for me), shortness of breath (remember the asthma attack I had at Mayor's 1/2 marathon?) and uncontrollably sore chest region if you know what I mean.


And the main reason I decided to take a test? As cliche as it sounds, I just knew something was different. 

Late morning on July 3rd, Jake was on his way home and I decided I couldn't wait any longer so I ripped open the test.  Being the impatient person I am, I stared at the test for 5 minutes straight, trying not to get my hopes up.  A very, very faint 2nd line popped up and I refused to get excited because I assumed my mind was playing tricks on me.  

Jake had gotten home and was in the back yard so I immediately ran and told Jake I needed help with something.  When he saw the test in my hand, he smiled, looked at the test and said,"There's two lines there... we're pregnant!"  After one more test to confirm I wasn't seeing things, I allowed myself to jump up and down, cry, and smile bigger than I ever have before.  

So excited!

Best moment ever.  I then proceeded to pee on a stick every day until my first OB appointment to make sure the lines didn't go away. :)

Little nugget?  We love you so much already and can't wait to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment