Image Map

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fun in Burlington!

Before I tell you more about baby, I wanted to tell you about the rest of our awesome vacay! Our stay in Vermont was so much more fun this time around with the warm temperatures! We had a great time when we were there in April, but nothing compares to sunny days spent near the beautiful Lake Champlain!

Our stay in Burlington was busy and filled with family time! My wonderful 86 year old Grandpa flew in from Florida so we got to spend 5 days with him! He is the smartest guy I know and still wins trivia weekly at a local restaurant! 


To combat the heat (I am clearly an Alaskan- I don't know what happened to my California heat tolerance!) we went to the beach on Lake Champlain. I tried paddle boarding for the first time and fell in love! I wish I tried it when I lived in San Diego... Although I never would have gotten anything done had I known how amazing it is! 



As I mentioned in April, family time on my Italian side revolves solely around food and meals. Any plan made has a time limit due to a scheduled meal or snack. This worked out quite well because pregnant Brittany has very unstable blood sugar and I must snack approximately 15 times per day. 

We went to a beautiful restaurant on the water and enjoyed one of many memorable sunsets!  



The next day we went on a buffet lunch cruise on Lake Champlain. Food, a beautiful view, family, and a DESSERT bar are the way to my heart. 



The highlight of our whole trip was when my two uncles and aunt drove in from Boston. There was a lot of Italian blood in the house that day! So. Much. Fun.


One of our family traditions that had been passed down from generation to generation is stuffed squid. Since my tummy hasn't been tolerating fishy smells, Jake had his first lesson in the art of stuffing squid. He was nominated as the family member to carry in the tradition so we're pretty excited!  


And in case family time wasn't enough, my wish came true. A thunderstorm. 


Us Alaskans get maybe 1 episode of audible thunder per year, so it was quite a treat!

Jake and I had a great trip to Vermont, but we were both ready to get back home to our little Diego!  


Next task... Pack and move! 

No comments:

Post a Comment