Image Map

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Saturdays Are My Favorite

Yesterday was what feels like Jake's first day off in months! He has been working like a dog since we decided to move (and since hunting season is coming up!), so it was the first 24 hours we got to spend together in a long time!

Our day together started as it should: a nice 8-mile run. It was cloudy which meant it was the best run I've had in weeks. This week, Alaska officially broke the record for most consecutive days over 70 (and many days above 80!). It has been the hottest summer I can remember!  


This weather makes me realize am definitely an Alaskan girl. I can no longer run when the thermometer is above 65 degrees.  How did I ever run in San Diego?! 

After our run, we both scarfed down a big breakfast and proceeded to take a nap. Rough life we live, I know. :)

We showed the house in the afternoon (Wahoo! Wish us luck!) and went to an early dinner with my parents.  They are leaving in just a few short days to go back to their house in southern Utah. I am not happy about this. Luckily I get to see them in October & November!

We ate at my all-time favorite restaurant, Moose's Tooth. If you come to Alaska, don't leave without eating here. Actually, just come to Alaska to eat here. Best. Food. Ever. Don't just take my word for it, look at this menu.


We ended up getting the Greek Gyro & Amazing Apricot pizzas and one of my all time favorite salads, the buffalo chicken salad. 



We have leftovers in the fridge and I may have to sneak and eat it for breakfast before Jake wakes up. 

Our day finished with reruns of Friends on the couch. The perfect day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment